• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BottomGuy

BottomGuy

Pay Me No Mind

• Desert Agent
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

'Ello! Now don't panic. I know this isn't the Weekly Update that is normally found here and that something different can be scary. I promise you however that this is a great thing. I have recently started up my own podcast series and Monkey has graciously offered to make it available here! Once again I have to say thank you to Monkey for doing this. If I didn't have him and the rest of the wonderful Monkey Productions community to lean on while starting this new project, I am certain that I would have been too apprehensive to start this endeavour from scratch.

What spurred on this decision to create a podcast were several things. The most recent was listening to the Digital Drift podcast. They have a wonderful set of episodes where they discuss the Avatar series and I cannot recommend it enough. After listening to those episodes not only did I become an immediate fan of their show, but it gave me the courage to try this myself. I've always loved discussing various topics with my friends and most of our time hanging out is usually spent just...talking. I've even joked with my friends after we've talked for three hours straight that we should start recording our discussions. But I had always been afraid that it would be too difficult to get going. After seeing what a great and moderately sized community Digital Drift has, it made me think I could actually make this succeed.

The first series that I am doing for the podcast is following the new season of Legend of Korra. Every week myself and a few friends will discuss the latest episode, what we thought of it, and where we think the season is going. It's mostly review with a touch of forecasting on what we think will happen and a lot of love for the Avatar series. The personal touch I hope to bring to the entire podcast is looking at the historical elements of shows and media we discuss. Whether that be how it draws on real world history or the history of the world itself, that's what I've always loved. That History degree has to be good for something. That's why I decided to name the show Historically Canon. Once Korra is over or even before then, some other world history I would like to look at are Kill La Kill, the new Dracula movie because screw you Vlad the Impaler is better, and the new movie Fury because I love me some tanks.

The first episode is a little shaky but I am also going to be the harshest critic. It was the first time we had ever tried recording and there were some editing hurdles to...hurdle. I still think it is a good start to the podcast and it can only improve from here. The main focus of the podcast is to discuss the new season and we heavily reference the rest of the series, both Aang and Korra, as we examine the history of the Avatar world. The podcast is intended to be watched as a sort of follow-up to the latest episode. As such I hope to post new episodes on Thursdays from now on, allowing people to refresh themselves before the newest Korra episodes come out on Fridays. It would mean the world to me if you guys would give it a listen and tell me what you think. Again I cannot give you guys enough praise for simply being here. You are a great group of friends and just knowing you guys are here is enough to get me to try something new and scary.

The MP3 of the podcast is below, available as a dashboard control you can listen to here OR you can click the link to go to a separate page.

WARNING: This Podcast contains SPOILERS!

Link: Historically Cannon Episode 01 - The Legend of Korra Season 4, Episode 1

Not "conspiracies". Conspiracy. Singular.

#2 Stars

Stars

Pooka

• Sex Bob-omb
  • 14,195 posts
  • Interests:Various nerdy things.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

I will definitely be giving this a listen once I get caught up.

* * * Stars' Final Fantasy Challenge * * *

Final Fantasy I - Completion Time 14:11

Final Fantasy II - Completion Time 27:03

Final Fantasy III - Play Time 07:24

Crystal%20Wind_zpshlz3by6a.pngCrystal%20Fire_zpssinpfehw.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.png

Final Fantasy IV - Play Time 04:01

Crystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.png

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

#3 Monkeydog

Monkeydog

<3

• Prince of Zeal
  • 14,329 posts
  • Interests:Magic

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

I am definitely going to listen soon at work even if I don't even watch the show. 

#4 Stars

Stars

Pooka

• Sex Bob-omb
  • 14,195 posts
  • Interests:Various nerdy things.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

You should post links to the other episodes you've done. I mean, sure, one could just edit the episode number in the url, but to that I say "bah!"

* * * Stars' Final Fantasy Challenge * * *

Final Fantasy I - Completion Time 14:11

Final Fantasy II - Completion Time 27:03

Final Fantasy III - Play Time 07:24

Crystal%20Wind_zpshlz3by6a.pngCrystal%20Fire_zpssinpfehw.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.png

Final Fantasy IV - Play Time 04:01

Crystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.pngCrystal%20Blank_zpsoxsz1okf.png

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

#5 Monkeydog

Monkeydog

<3

• Prince of Zeal
  • 14,329 posts
  • Interests:Magic

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yeah you should make a topic for each one. In announcements.

#6 kspr

kspr

wizard astronaut

• Speedway Squad
  • 7,413 posts
  • Interests:pin the tail on the elderly

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

how much is non korra related?

you awaken in the intestinal tract of satan. you must defeat the hydra to escape. your only weapon is righteous anger. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users